Hi,

On Fri, May 07, 1999 at 01:10:31AM -0700, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> Is not a good idea to use the default egcs as it is configured to compile
> c++ programs which use threads and exceptions for instance Netscape's
> Eletrical Fire (A Java VM/Compiler) does not work.
do you suggest to use the egcs from the ports collection as
the 'more-or-less' default compiler for the ports?

I've used the beast for a few c++ applications (from ports
and various other sources), which needed the more advanced c++-compiler
than gcc 2.7.x.

But then I have '2 different compilers' and '2 different set of libs',
again, havn't I?

-Andreas

--
: Anti-Spam Petition:     http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        :