In article <local.mail.freebsd-current/20000310101848$[EMAIL PROTECTED]> you
write:
>> > Work on this driver is stalled owing to the fact that nobody that can
>and
>> > wants to work on it has access to the Compaq hardware required.  You
>> > can't use these controllers except in Compaq systems, which makes things
>> > very difficult.
>> that's true :-(
>
>Again I would like to point out, that only the newest controllers, 3200 and
>up is difficult getting to work in non-Compaq systems:
>
>http://seeberg.dk/freebsd/idaraid

Note that I just committed some more changes to the IDA driver to
4.0-RC yesterday.  The changes are:

        - support for EISA controllers (untested)
        - support for newer S2400 controllers (untested)
        - addition of IDA to the GENERIC kernel
        - support for installing directly onto the RAID array.
--
Jonathan