John Polstra wrote:
> I don't believe I've ever used any special options, and my make.conf
> file is "normal" except that it has "USA_RESIDENT=YES" in it.

I know for certain that when I ran into this that I did not do
anything other than a "make world" on a standard -current system,
i.e., nothing special in make.conf or elsewhere, except that I too had
USA_RESIDENT=YES in my environment.

Since all my worlds worked fine afterwards, I suspect it is what Kris
suggested originally which was that the perl script was perhaps
running before the openssl/*.h files (or at least openssl/des.h) were
installed, and was thus a sort of bootstrapping issue.  But I must
admint, I have not investigated it further.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SAS Institute Inc.                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]