>On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
>
>> One thing to check would be:  did your installworld acutally
>> complete?   At one point the installworld was falling over in h2ph
>> when a crypto-related header file was being perl'ified.  If this is
>> your problem, try doing a 'make -i installworld'
>
>Yep; the problem can be fixed by doing 'make includes; make installworld'
>- it's caused by a dangling link (des.h) having nothing to point to at the
>time the perlification runs.
>
>Kris
>
>----
>In God we Trust -- all others must submit an X.509 certificate.
>    -- Charles Forsythe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

FYI, I tried both of the above, but still no solution.  In fact I took a
fresh machine, loaded the last RC from 0307 to give me a pure
test bed in comparison to my other machines, and then did the
cvsup and buildworld and now that box is also dead and not
re-compiliable.  :(

The strange thing is I have been using CVS a long time, not
like something new I am just trying to figure out here.  All was
fine up till a few weeks ago, and now if I cvsup an Alpha box
I have here it's destroyed..

-Howard