In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Alfred Perlstein writes:

>> >Yes it is really benificial.
>>
>> I would like to see some numbers if you have them.
>
>No I don't have numbers.
>
>Committing a 64k block would require 8 times the overhead of bundling
>up the RPC as well as transmission and reply, it may be possible
>to pipeline these commits because you don't really need to wait
>for one to complete before issueing another request, but it's still
>8x the amount of traffic.

I agree that it is obvious for NFS, but I don't see it as being
obvious at all for (modern) disks, so for that case I would like
to see numbers.

If running without clustering is just as fast for modern disks,
I think the clustering needs rethought.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]               "Real hackers run -current on their laptop."
FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!