On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 10:54:32PM -0800, Arun Sharma wrote:

 > > > Before getting too far here, can we consider some other
 > > > standard interfaces?
 > > >      #include <ucontext.h>
 > > >      int getcontext(ucontext_t *ucp);
 > > >      int setcontext(const ucontext_t *ucp);
 > > >      void makecontext(ucontext_t *ucp, (void *func)(), int argc, ...);
 > > >      int swapcontext(ucontext_t *oucp, const ucontext_t *ucp);
 > > > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/ucontext.h.html
   [ ... ]
 > Is anyone working on this ? Porting JDKs to FreeBSD would be a lot easier
 > if these routines are implemented.

If it helps at all, these are (approxmiately :-) implemented in the
svr4 emulator.

I'm not sure that svr4_setcontext() is doing entirely the right thing,
and there are some holes related to signal mask handling (which might
be related to the "entirely the right thing" bit), but it's a start.

    - mark

--
Mark Newton                               Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (W)
Network Engineer                          Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (H)