On 11/16/12 17:13, Niclas Zeising wrote:

Just to confirm, since I am holding back an update pending on this.
If I have a raidz root pool, with three disks, like this:
         NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
         zroot          ONLINE       0     0     0
           raidz1-0     ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0
             gpt/disk2  ONLINE       0     0     0

Then I'm fine to update without issues. the problem is only if, as an
example, you have a mirror with striped disks, or a stripe with mirrored
disks, which it seems to me the original poster had.
Am I correct, and therefore ok to update?

Yes, looks like that. The affected system pool looks like this:

        NAME           STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank           ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0     ONLINE       0     0     0
            gpt/disk0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            gpt/disk1  ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-1     ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada2p2     ONLINE       0     0     0
            gpt/disk3  ONLINE       0     0     0

other systems I have with simple mirror pools or single disks have shown no problems.

BTW I don't know why the system insists on identifying the third disk as ada2p2, it has a gpt label defined just like the others.

--
Guido Falsi <m...@madpilot.net>