:
:On Sat, 01 Apr 2000 17:03:24 PST, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:
:>     I've committed it into -current and will MFC it into
:>     -stable in a week if there aren't any problems.  I
:>     do not intend to MFC it into 3.x.
:
:Hi Matt,
:
:I'd like to suggest that a week is not enough.  Given that we seem to be
:back on the bleeding edge in CURRENT, a lot of folks who might be able
:to send valuable feedback are less likely to manage a system update
:within the short space of 1 week.
:

    -stable (4.x) is operating under different rules at the moment
    due to the theoretical BSDI code merge in -current.  People are
    allowed to commit new work.

    However, in this particular instance the I/O performance fix was really
    nothing more then a simple bug fix, so it would be MFC'd quickly in any
    case.

:Ciao,
:Sheldon.
: