On 24/02/2014 10:00, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 09:56:05AM +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
In message <530b13ca.6000...@rewt.org.uk>, Joe Holden writes:
On 24/02/2014 04:26, Julio Merino wrote:
On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Baptiste Daroussin <b...@freebsd.org>wrote:

As some of you may have noticed, I have imorted a couple of days ago dma
(DragonFly Mail Agent) in base. I have been asked to explain my motivation
so here they are.

I'd argue, for example, that postfix can be also easily configured and can
be made to not listen on port 25 for local mail delivery, while at the same
time it is a fully-functional MTA that could replace sendmail altogether.

The trend towards having sensible lightweight things in the base is a
good thing IMO.

Fully agree.

To the extent we can manage it, we should have minimal client-focused
tools for things like DNS, SMTP and NTP in the tree and make it
trivial for people to install the fully featured server version of
their choice from ports.

That's is what I'm doing with dma :)

you want a full featured smtp server:
pkg install ${FAVORITESMTP:-opensmtpd}

regards,
Bapt

Can I also suggest that ntp.org shouldn't be in the base either? :P