On 24/02/2014 11:08, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:04:48AM +0000, Joe Holden wrote:
On 24/02/2014 10:56, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
In message <530b2500.5030...@rewt.org.uk>, Joe Holden writes:

Can I also suggest that ntp.org shouldn't be in the base either? :P

I absolutely agree, but the replacement is less clear in that case.

I'd suggest openntpd as a candidate as it would require less work than
dntpd since that has some kernel changes.

At ~400K it is pretty lightweight and doesn't listen at all by default,
suitable as a default ntpd that just maintains time - one can always
install ntp.org from ports should they need more features (such as
access control and monlist, etc)

openntpd not able to authenticate the sources it is using and thus lack a big
ntp feature as a client.

regards,
Bapt

hm, I can't say I have noticed this as being a problem where I've used it, are there any scenarios where this is a showstopper?