On Fri, 25 Jul 2014, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

What I'd like to see is an article on freebsd.org either on the wiki
or in the handbook, which compares using apt, yum, rpm, whatever
to pkg.  Is anyone interested in working on an article like this?
I don't have the bandwidth right now.

A person to write that article needs detailed knowledge of pkg and the Linux package systems. I don't have that, but would be willing to help you develop an outline for the article. Having a design like that makes it easier to write when time and resources are available.

Writing "an article" is hard. Writing a small section on how deleting packages is different between pkg and, say, apt, is much easier. The scope is known.