So I am to take it that no-one has any idea how this stuff works and how to stub it out?

On 1/11/2016 7:11 PM, Julian Elischer wrote:

01.11.2016 17:53, Julian Elischer пишет:
there are a number of packages that want to link with or use that data, and you can't always disable it, but it's very very big (38MB?), especially in the context of an appliance that doesn't really need it at all.

If anyone has a procedure to follow to put that onto a diet, maybe just as a stub then I'm all ears.

+1

Introduction of such large part of base system is kind of catastrophe for embedded systems that need only ASCII and may be additionally one of "good old" 8-bit locales.

FreeBSD 11 got pretty large and embedded-unfriendly without clear way to exclude such unneeded parts.