:You guys are responding to old messages..I've already changed my mind
:about this.
:
:> Why 74 characters?  Why not 64?
:
:The more characters we have in the sample set the larger the namespace and
:the better the statistical protection afforded by mktemp()
:
:Kris

    There's reasonable, and there's overkill.  mktemp() has no business
    using punctuation in the temporary file names.

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>