On dc., gen. 13 2021, David Wolfskill wrote:

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 02:52:32PM -0500, Robert Huff wrote:

Hans Petter Selasky <h...@selasky.org>:

> You need to update that DRM port you are using before the > issue
>   will be fixed.

        I'm confused.
I have drm-current-kmod listed in PORTS_MODULES; things on that list get built _after_ buildkernel (installkernel??) for reasons I
thought I understood.
        You are telling me I need to update this _before_ buildkernel?

                        Perplexedly,

He telling you to update the port itself -- e.g.,
/usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod, as the port was recently updated:

r561457 | manu | 2021-01-13 03:22:25 -0800 (Wed, 13 Jan 2021) | 6 lines

graphics/drm-{current,devel}-kmod: Update to latest source

This fix a compilation problem with a pre 1300135 source tree.

Reported by:    Filippo Moretti <filippom...@yahoo.com>

So you need to update the "ports files" to get that update, then rebuild the port (in concert with rebuilding the kernel, as you are doing).

Peace,
david

Just as a curiosity because I was hit by this and the thread was helpful: I was unable to build the kernel with an up to date drm-current-kmod, but as soon as I switched to drm-devel-kmod, I was able to.
The running kernel was uname -K: 1300133.

Thanks everyone for having added their input here.
--
Evilham