Am 29.03.21 um 03:11 schrieb Mateusz Guzik:
This may be the problem fixed in
e9272225e6bed840b00eef1c817b188c172338ee ("vfs: fix vnlru marker
handling for filtered/unfiltered cases").

My system was up for less than 24 hours and using a kernel and world
built on the latest -CURRENT of less than 1 hour before the reboot:

FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT #33 main-n245694-90d2f7c413f9-dirty: Sat Mar 27 15:35:37 CET 2021

The fix had been committed some 9 days before that kernel was built.

However, there is a long standing performance bug where if vnode limit
is hit, and there is nothing to reclaim, the code is just going to
sleep for one second.

There are no log entries that give any hint to what occurred.
But I do assume that these events are not logged ... (?)

Yes, I could have checked that and will do so if the issue occurs
again. I plan to generate more output files in the same way that
triggered the issue yesterday, and since the system is very slow
but still able to execute commands, I can try to debug it, just
have to know where to start looking ...

Thank you for your reply!

Regards, STefan