On 07.05.2021 19:34, Tomoaki AOKI wrote:

Have you try

  dev.rtsx.0.inversion=1

in /boot/loader.conf with the device enabled on BIOS?
 Not yet :-) I'll try.

If not yet, it would be worth trying.

In rtsx(4) manpage,

〓   RTS522A on Lenovo P50s and Lenovo T470p, card detection and read-only
      switch are reversed.  This is sovled by adding in loader.conf(5):

      dev.rtsx.0.inversion=1

If it works for you, possibly no one had tested on T540p yet.
And there can be much, much more PCs/chips which need it, but no one has
tested yet.

My rtsx driver on ThinkPad P52 works fine without it, but IIRC,
paniced with it (I did it just a test purpose when it landed).

And one more.
If you insert write-protected card and then mount it as writable,
it SHOULD certainly crash the system.
It's not a rtsx driver issue, but promised to happen.
I've encountered the problem on USB card readers, too.
 My slot is empty, no card, no adapters, no plastic pseudo-card, nothing.

--
// Lev Serebryakov