On 2022-07-27 13:45, Ivan Quitschal wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jul 2022, Ivan Quitschal wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2022, Tomoaki AOKI wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:30:25 -0700

On 2022-07-22 08:27, Ivan Quitschal wrote:
hi all

Ive been trying to solve a problem which is happening to me but so far no
success.
problem is this:

sometimes happens, sometimes doesnt, but once im on X and do a "F2", "F3"
whatever
in order to get back to terminal, it *does* get back to terminal but the
screen
still shows like i was on X, therefore i have to do a F* twice in order to
see the
console , like an fflush was missing somewhere.
If I'm following you correctly; you should be performing a Ctrl+Atl+F<1-8>
TYPO sorry. That *should* have read: Ctrl+Alt+F<1-8>

...and Alt+F<1-8> to switch vtys afterwards.
To get back to X, Alt+F9.

You need Ctrl+ only on X, and does not work with Ctrl+ on vty<1-8>.

Sorry.
accomplish your goal. Does doing it that way fix it for you?

HTH

--Chris

im using the drm-devel-kmod git for i915kms.ko btw

any ideas what could it be?

thank you guys

--tzk

-- Tomoaki AOKI    <junch...@dec.sakura.ne.jp>

hi

no gyuys, i know how to go back from X to terminal, what i was saying is that by doing CTRL + ALT + F* it wasnt working until i did *another* CTRL+ALT+F<something>.

example:
im getting off from X , so i do an CTRL+ALT+F2

nothing happens, until you do *another* CTRL+ALT+F3 . so you gotta do a CTRL+ALT+F* twice in order to get back to terminal

but i found out the problem lies within enlightenment themes, not anything else . at least the problem is solved by changing EE theme, this way i can get back instantly to terminal with just ONE CTRL+ALT+F2

thanks

Ivan

btw, there is something i always wanted to ask, why do we have just 9 terminals?
im really asking , never understood that

in my case here , im using all F* keys

my /etc/ttys

ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
# Virtual terminals
ttyv1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyv2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyv3   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyv4   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyv5   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyv6   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyv7   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyv8   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyv9   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyva   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         xterm   onifexists secure
ttyvb   "/usr/local/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off secure

my F-key dedicated to get back to X is F12 , as it should be IMO. question is ,
why isnt it yet?

im sure there is a reason, just curious because honestly i got no idea whatsoever
ttys(5) is fairly informative and less /etc/ttys has some info. But I can't remember the history on why 9 was the default. The SUN || terminal keyboard mapping, maybe?

--Chris

--tzk