On 1/30/23 13:32, User Ngor wrote:
On 1/30/23 13:53, Warner Losh wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 3:40 AM Kurt Jaeger <p...@freebsd.org> wrote:

Hi,

On 1/30/23 02:54, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
    The main idea: to prevent information fragmentation and    improve
    discoverability, cross-referencing abilities, search, etc.
With regards to improving discoverability, Phabricator's Owner
tool could be a good tactical move: it allow to bind code area to
peoples in order to automatically add them to reviews.
If you know phabricator in more detail, is there any kind of tool
to understand the activity going on ?

In bugs.freebsd.org, there is the dashboard:

https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/page.cgi?id=dashboard.html

I think we might need something similar to help us understand
the current state of the phabricator instance and the work
being done.

Phab allows Dashboards, but no-one had the time to configure some
queries to provide relevant stats.

Phab is a terrible tool for discovery. For example, how do I query all the
reviews I've ticked 'OK' that are still open, by non-committers? How do I
flag things as 'interesting to me'? I can tick a flag, but I can't query
flags. Also, I can't get an email address for submitter either. That makes
it more of a pain to land the commit.
You can search flags here [1]. You can filter them by color and the object
(i.e. differential revision or any other Phab thing).
Flags are personal and not visible to anybody else

For common use I think tags are better and are queryable in here [2].
Tags require projects, projects can be created by administrators, this is
a bit counter-intuitive, but it works

For what it's worth, I experimented with creating some "useful" queries a little while back. The advanced search function was clunky to use, and really leaves a lot to be desired in terms of specificity. As mentioned elsewhere, no regex, and some of the things you can filter for when creating Herald rules are unavailable to the advanced search. Which is a shame, because overall I am a fan of phabricator as a review tool.

Anyway, here they are (you can click Use Results to save it):

[Src] Needs Committer
https://reviews.freebsd.org/differential/query/oCjMrczXbpBS/

[Src] Needs Reviewer
https://reviews.freebsd.org/differential/query/65AoyPFlIhdE/

[Src] Stale Revisions (1yr+)
https://reviews.freebsd.org/differential/query/bGPGaIhtb0PX/

[Src] Stalled Revisions (changes required, changes planned, WIP)
https://reviews.freebsd.org/differential/query/WD_lfbHCq1P_/

Mitchell

But there's two other issues: The FreeBSD project has had a long history of
being behind, regardless of the tools we use. There's a labor shortage to
process these things as well. Second, lots of people want to talk, but few want to do the work. I tried leading an effort in this area,but grew weary
of the passive-aggressive comments about how I basically sucked for not
having it done already (from the same people that did 0 actual work on it).

I'd love to help and do the grunt work. What is important is some form of
consensus that project actually needs this. I don't know how this works,
the is very little visibility from the Core on these matters.

[1]https://reviews.freebsd.org/flag/ [2] https://reviews.freebsd.org/differential/query/advanced/