Mitchell Horne <mho...@freebsd.org> writes:

On 1/31/23 04:52, Stephane Rochoy wrote:
Mitchell Horne <mho...@freebsd.org> writes:

[Src] Needs Reviewer
https://reviews.freebsd.org/differential/query/65AoyPFlIhdE/
What is the purpose of the "Contributor Reviews (base)"
project/group?
Regards,
-- Stéphane Rochoy
O: Stormshield

It is a group ("Project") that anyone can join to receive notifications whenever the group is tagged. Groups can be added as a reviewer on a revision, for
example.

There is a Herald rule to automatically add this Contributor Reviews group as a subscriber to any src revisions that have no reviewers specified.

This makes it an imperfect search criteria for "reviews which are accepted but
not authored by a FreeBSD committer".

I guess the committers group was not used to let developers choose
to participate or not to the "Needs Reviewer" effort. Correct?

As a side note, I was surprised to see we can't query reviews from
users not being in a given group, i.e., "Responsible Users" not in
"Contributor Reviews (base)" would have been more straightforward.
(The Project application allow advanced queries via not() and
any() functions).

Regards,
--
Stéphane Rochoy