Well, they are still around, but not functional. They are symlinks to nda
devices, but the symlinks don't work well.

I have no idea when the symlink of nvd to nda happened, but after updating
my system to main-n263630-ab3e6234ab6e, at least geom related commands no
longer function using nvd0p?. I hit this when trying to use gpart and geli.
gpart claims "gpart: No such geom: /dev/nvd0." geli responds (after
entering a passphrase) "geli: Provider not found: "/dev/nvd0p7"My previous
system version was main-n262908-c16e08e5f324.

Was this intentional? If so, why was this change made?  If not, could it be
fixed? Since I usually use geli with the /dev/gpt devices, I didn't notice
it right away, but it could certainly  surprise many users.
E-mail: rkober...@gmail.com