On 7/11/23 10:37 AM, Olivier Certner wrote:
Le mardi 11 juillet 2023, 01:51:02 CEST Pete Wright a écrit :
sorry for the noise folks, this is almost certainly an issue with my
local env.  this is helpful for me, as i'll have a better idea as to
where i should focus my efforts trying to find this memory hog next time.

I have had what I suspect to be the same issue on 13.2-STABLE with KDE and very long
sessions.  I say "suspect" since I seem to remember that laundry usage went
down by unlogging (or restarting kwin or plasmashell), but I'm not completely sure now.

So may not be specific to your local env after all, nor to CURRENT.

Regards.

oh interesting. i've found myself having to restart plasma once a week or so to fix some glitches with the tool bar. i just run:

kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell

so it's certainly possible thats where the issue lies. i'd try another window manager, but i really like plasma5 lol.

maybe i'll take one for the team and run mate or xfce for a few weeks and see if see similar behavior.

-pete

--
Pete Wright
p...@nomadlogic.org