On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 18:09:54 -0400
Charlie Li <vish...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Enji Cooper wrote:
> > Hmm… All lang/python27 requiring ports should be marked BROKEN and
> > removed — upstream stopped supporting 2.7 3.5 years ago (04/01/2020) :/.
> We can't entirely do that yet. Unfortunately, moinmoin, original mailman
> and the CSM for UEFI-EDK2 (used in bhyve) still staunchly require this.
> It was the case that Chrom{e,ium} and qt-webengine still had Python 2
> build bits but they've since migrated off.
>
> --
> Charlie Li
> …nope, still don't have an exit line.

Can lang/tauthon used instead of lang/python27?
It's a fork of python27 and maintained (slowly) like [1].

I don't use python nor tauthon directly, though.
I dislike languages killing backward compatibility... :-(

I love C as even recent llvm/clang has an ability to compile K&R
codes, if proper options are set. This is how ALL computer languages
SHALL BE.

[1]
https://github.com/naftaliharris/tauthon/commit/52473e14e93366e02cf0b63b4c7fd952420e5ee3

--