>Hi Poul-Henning,
>
>I've been having trouble with ps(1) printing invalid controlling
>terminal names for processes connected to psuedo-terminals.
>
>This only seems to be a problem for DEVFS-enabled systems.

Yes, devname(3) need to learn a few things.  It's actually always
been a problem if you added device nodes after boot where dev_mkdb
was run.

I think the DTRT solution is a sysctl where kern_conf.c can answer
the question.

It's on my list.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD coreteam member | BSD since 4.3-tahoe