Motomichi Matsuzaki wrote:

> At Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:38:58 +0200,
> Maxim Sobolev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > But your solution is no effective and much harmful to multibyte users.
> > You are not quite right. For multibyte users my solution (workaround?) is at least
>equial to the previous no-unicode case . I do
> > not see how it can be harmful.
>
> 1. In just your workaround, multibyte users will take no merits.
>
> 2. Based on your direction, the size of loadable conversion table
>    will immensely expand for multibyte support, or be abandoned.
>    Fundamental misdesign will lead to such unfortunate situation.
>    So I said your solution was harmful.

Proposed by me patches is no way an official direction of the Project and as I
advertised are merely a workaround to allow non-English
users to read CD with native filenames until comprehensive iconv for kernel will be
introduced. I would be glad if someone will
replace my hack with more generic solution.

-Maxim

    • ... Maxim Sobolev
      • ... Андрей Чернов
  • ... Motomichi Matsuzaki