On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 04:02:08PM -0800, Thomas D. Dean wrote:
> I have a -current stall or hang, also.
>
> I do NOT have USB support in my kernel.
>
> Running gdb on hello.c, the standard hello, world, will cause the
> stall or hang.  Keyboard input is echoed, but, no action.
>
> tomdean

No, no USB devices (nor USB support in the kernel.)

Also, I was not trying to use gdb (I tried that two days ago, with
strikingly similar results though:-) This panic is somewhat elusive: I
cannot readily trigger it it seems. Will stress system to see what gives.

BTW: I do not know if it was intentional but I see a *lot* fewer pcm0:
hwptr went backwards messages with very recent -CURRENT and indeed sound
output is a lot more continous, even under load. Congrats to whoever did
it! (probably cg)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM