On Tue, 1 May 2001, Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> > Say, FreeBSD is usually pretty safe, even in CURRENT.
> > Has something near this magnitude of Really Bad Stuffage snuck into the
> > codebase before?
>
> No, it's not common, and it generally takes a Dane swinging something
> sharp to inflict quite this much damage on our user base. ;-)

Obviously I haven't been playing in the right bits of the system, I'll
have to start hacking the low-level stuff in FFS some more...  I tend not
to cause permanent damage to file systems, sadly.

I think we can all take lessons from phk here -- he achieves a level of
destructiveness that makes even the pro's marvel in wonder.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]      NAI Labs, Safeport Network Services