> No, I'm saying that the author of the SRA patches did the right thing
> and used the traditional BSD math library when extending the
> traditional BSD telnet utility.  I am furthermore making the point
> that FreeBSD should continue to ship with a library that provides
> the `libmp' interface, regardless of how it is implemented internally.

Strongly disagree.

The libmp interface is not very fault-tolerant, and not well used
(anymore).

The bignum (BN) bits of libcrypto are much more fault tolerant and
ubiquitous.

Time to throw out the trash. The "its traditionally part of BSD"
argument holds no water - the BSD books that I have point to MH and
Emacs in the same way.

Mark Murray
Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn