On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 13:54:29 +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

> Umm, you can't use opiechallenge() for that.  You're not supposed to
> call opiechallenge() without also calling opieverify() (plus, I think

No, it is possible, when opieunlock() called afterwards (as I do).
BTW, the same way pam_opie does, see opieunlock() inside prompts loop.

> opiechallenge() "consumes" a challenge).

No, it is opieverify() who consumes it. You can call opiechallenge()
several times with appropriate opieunlock()'s and challenge will not
changed. In fact our ftpd does it, first opiechallenge() called to
generate prompt in the form pam_opie can't generate and the second is
opiechallenge() called from pam_opie (invisible).

> Use opielookup() instead.

Ok. It will be faster then opiechallenge() for this case. I'll send
modified patch.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/