On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:12:48PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> I'm working on porting the latest beta release of Subversion, which
> does all that and more, and has much better diff support than
> Perforce.  After using Perforce for my PAM work, I've come to the
> conclusion that although it's a big step forward from CVS in one
> direction (change management & branching), it's a big step backward in
> almost every other direction.

I can't comment on Perforce, but I can add that I liked subversion even
when it wasn't self hosting; it appears promising to say the least.

As for your port, there already is a /usr/ports/devel/subversion; it points
you to the port skeleton for version r909. Is yours better/different?

--Stijn

--
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.  It's
just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."