    .
> > http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk7.html.  It comes in multiple
> > flavors, but mine is the dual-channel Ultra160, dual-3com 10/100, 5-64bit
> > PCI, 1 AGP version.  You can cheap out and not get the non-SCSI S2462NG
> > model.  Match this bad-boy up with a pair of fast Athlon `MP' (not `XP')
> > CPU's and it is a totally solid system.  Various FreeBSD committers also
> > have this system.
> >
> > There is a newer [more economic] version called the Thunder K7X.
> > http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk7x.html
>
> "more economic" is a poor way to describe it, seeing as it has all the
> features, plus (1) an updated version of the AMD mp chipset and (2) a
> fixed onboard usb port.  The K7 had a broken on-board usb (the AMD
> chipset had a PCI contention bug for the usb port, so the tin back panel
> of the board blocked out the usb, and the K7 came with a PCI usb card,
> which ate up one of your PCI slots.  The K7X has a repaired on-board usb,
> so you get that PCI slot back.

Hmmmmm.....  Do you have any details on this?  I've had occasional strange
USB-related things happen on this box.  Of course, it runs -current which
puts me into the USB danger-zone enough as it is.. but what happens when
this bug is triggered?

Cheers,
-Peter
--
Peter Wemm - [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]