On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Doug Rabson wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Daniel Eischen wrote:
>
> > This is better, although it has two stubs for each routine.  Adding
> > a weak definition from pthread_foo() to _pthread_foo() (note the
> > lack of _stub) doesn't do the same thing?
>
> Ok, this version works and seems to be a reasonably tidy solution, at
> least until/if the jump-table version a-la solaris is available. I
> tweaked it slightly to move all the __weak_reference() calls together. Can
> I commit this?

Yes, it looks OK.  I started a slightly different version that
automatically added both references with one macro.  Something
like:

#define WEAK_REF(sym, alias)    __weak_reference(sym, alias)

#define DUAL_WEAK_STUB(sym)     \
        WEAK_REF(__CONCAT(sym, _stub), __CONCAT(_, sym)); \
        WEAK_REF(__CONCAT(sym, _stub), sym)

DUAL_WEAK_STUB(pthread_mutex_lock);

or something like that.

Go ahead and commit yours if you don't care to fiddle any
more with it.  I won't be able to get to the jump table
thing for a few days.

--
Dan Eischen