David O'Brien wrote:
On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 07:44:43PM +1100, Tim Robbins wrote:

You could try the patch I've attached:

cd /usr/src
zcat c++-wchar.diff.gz | patch
cd gnu/lib/libstdc++
make
make install

Can you ask Kris to try this on the ports cluster before we commit it?
I wonder how many ports this could break.
Cause I'm the pain in the neck who asks for this - I'm rebuilding all my ports today to check if it works with this patch (cvsup of /usr/src yesterday).

The patch applied cleanly and world build and installs fine, even if the duplicate lock keeps and sablot dynamic linker error - but this has happened without the patch, too.

I have installed on the test machine gnome2, apache13, perl5.6.1, mod_php4, mysql, postgresql, portupgrade (and the dependencies, of course).

Should I test any specific port, too?

Regards,
Jens

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/