> There are two "adduser" scripts.  One is perl, and one was written
> to use "pw" and provide the same semantics, in a shell script, as
> part of the "perl purge" that happened recently.

I can't find any shell script 'adduser' in
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/

Where can I find it?

> One of them pukes on the trailing $, and the other doesn't.

> It's confusing, unless you caught that we were talking about
> most recent -current.

I'm confused too.

I cvsup-ed my /usr/src about 30 minutes ago but there is only
usr.sbin/adduser/adduser.perl.

$ find /usr/src -name '*adduser*'
/usr/src/usr.sbin/adduser
/usr/src/usr.sbin/adduser/adduser.8