At 2:34 PM -0600 11/27/02, David W. Chapman Jr. wrote:
 > Why is this actually necessary for SAMBA?
 Is it necessary for all three of these to permit this, or is
 it sufficient to (for example) allow it in the group name?

Samba needs a user account for the domain "machine account"

the machine account always ends with a $

So it would only have to be for the account name
I think I'd prefer a somewhat more involved change, one which
allowed $ only for account-name, and only as the last character.
That seems like a good idea to me.

But then, I'm not volunteering to write it...   :-)

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]