On Sunday 08 December 2002 03:28 pm, Bruce Cran wrote:
> I've got a A7V-266E motherboard with a KT266A chipset.  The
> solution in my case was to tell the BIOS I didn't have any ATAPI drives.
> FreeBSD then found everything properly, without any problems - I think
> the BIOS was maybe configuring the master for UDMA33 and the slave for
> PIO4, whereas FreeBSD seems to prefer them both as PIO4,

That just about makes sense, with the weirdnesses I've seen with this mobo in
the past.  I'll give that a go and let y'all know what I find.  I've got the
ATACD on its own channel because I've hit issues in the past with having a
DMA and PIO device on the same channel with this controller, but from reading
my boot messages this morning my CD drive thinks it supports UDMA 33.  Go
fig.

I should probably also sup the machine past DP2, but it's just been so
wonderfully stable...I'm so used to using -stable that this feels like
pushing my luck. :-)

Thanks!
-Cliff L. Biffle