Mark Murray wrote:
I'm trying to thrash 5.0 a bit but I've run into some rather more
basic issues right off.

1) I think I'm suffering from the 1GB memory hang problem. I'm
definitely getting the hangs :-) I'll leave this for now since I'll
do some more testing tonight and it's already been raised by someone
else anyway, so this is just a "me too".

I had a nasty console hang (all the VTYs hung about 2 minutes after
boot, but the box was otherwise stable enough to make world). I make
damn sure I was clean and did a "proper" make everything (no NOCLEAN) and
all was well.
I think that I am seeing this as well since I updated to -current from Dec 4. It doesn't bother me too much since I really only use the machine remotely right now. As a result, I haven't been keeping close track to see if there have been similar reports or a fix yet. The first time it hung for me was during 'make installworld' from a single-user boot. I was following the nine-step procedure in /usr/src/Makefile exactly. It sounds like doing another update would clear things up, no?

-Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling | Research Assistant, VRAC
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | 2274 Howe Hall Room 2624