Scott Long wrote:
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 09:37:20AM -0600, Patrick Hartling wrote:

Mark Murray wrote:

I'm trying to thrash 5.0 a bit but I've run into some rather more
basic issues right off.

1) I think I'm suffering from the 1GB memory hang problem. I'm
definitely getting the hangs :-) I'll leave this for now since I'll
do some more testing tonight and it's already been raised by someone
else anyway, so this is just a "me too".

I had a nasty console hang (all the VTYs hung about 2 minutes after
boot, but the box was otherwise stable enough to make world). I make
damn sure I was clean and did a "proper" make everything (no NOCLEAN) and
all was well.
I think that I am seeing this as well since I updated to -current from Dec 4. It doesn't bother me too much since I really only use the machine remotely right now. As a result, I haven't been keeping close track to see if there have been similar reports or a fix yet. The first time it hung for me was during 'make installworld' from a single-user boot. I was following the nine-step procedure in /usr/src/Makefile exactly. It sounds like doing another update would clear things up, no?

There were console problems for people using the ahc and ahd drivers that
were fixed late in the day on Dec 4.  Maybe this is what you're seeing?
Probably so! I am indeed using the ahc driver on the machine in question. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

-Patrick

--
Patrick L. Hartling | Research Assistant, VRAC
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | 2274 Howe Hall Room 2624