I've been hanging on for a production-ready FreeBSD which
supports ACLs so I can replace an NFS server and an NT
fileserver with one box which can do both.

Changing company circumstances mean that I am forced to
look to doing that now, rather than waiting for 5.1 or
5.2.

So I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who is using 5.0
as a Samba server with ACL support - is it indistinguishable
from an NT fileserver from the client POV?