--On Monday, August 04, 2003 11:08:21 -0400 "Matthew N. Dodd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Martin Blapp wrote:
Yes, there have been some changes. The most important was the interface
polling addition, but that should not make any difference here.

Read the code.

dhclient.c:send_discover() bails out if interface_active() is false BEFORE
iterating all the possible media settings.

As I've explained in private email using the ifm_status word to determine
if the interface is "up and running" is incorrect.
Martin/Matthew,
If you want me to test some code, I'm more than willing. Having this broken is
annoying.

LER

-- Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749