Bruce Cran wrote:
On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:01:30AM -0300, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:

Terry Lambert wrote:

1) Machines do not ship with it enabled by default; a Windows user has about as much probability of doing the necessary work to enable it as they do of making something other than Internet Explorer their default browser.

2)      You have to go to a command line prompt and issue a
        cryptic command to enable it at all.

Err, not at all. You go to install/remove additional windows components (I do not recall the exact phrasing) and select IPv6.

3)      When you enable it, you get a huge scare warning about
        it being experimental.

I didn't. :-) And the bastard stopped doing A queries. :-)

That'll be because, according to http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/techinfo/administration/ipv6/default.asp
there's no support in Windows XP's IPv6 stack for DNS.

I wonder about their definition of "support". There *were* queries being made, but only AAAA. It never asked for A, even when IPv6 was disabled in (but added to) the interface.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes

Outros:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Westheimer's Discovery:
        A couple of months in the laboratory can frequently save a
couple of hours in the library.