On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:27:28 -0500, Conrad J. Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:59:46 -0500, Jeremy Messenger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Last night, I CVSup'ed and did the buildworld/kernel stuff. Then, I
> reboot
> and I get the busy signal like forever, it looks like the HD is spinning
> forever for no reason. Also, the ATAng can't find my Teac CD-RW..

Strange, I cvsupped/rebuilt last night as well. I haven't been seeing the
outright "hangs" on boot that people are talking about, but I am still having
problems getting both of my ATAPI devices to attach properly.

Well, it doesn't hangs but I can surf around and fireup Gnome2 while I get the crazy busy singal light on at all the time. There are no crazy CPU/Memory in the ps/top, but just 90%-100% idle. I am pretty clueless on this one, so I am stick to the old 5.1-CURRENT for now until someone know what's wrong with my problem. I have four kernels under /boot, two of them have debug enable and I am willing to do anything.

I got a response from Soren re: my last dmesg report; sounded like maybe he
had an idea what to do about the ATAPI problem at least <crossing fingers>.
:-)

I hope, -CURRENT will get stable sometime soon same as before. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz