On 05.03.2010 14:16, Doug Rabson wrote:
On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:10:43 +0300, Alex Keda<ad...@lissyara.su>  wrote:
On 05.03.2010 13:59, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
In message<4b90e171.2040...@lissyara.su>, Alex Keda writes:

then can a more correct name of the project or ClosedBSD or
ManagedBSD?
=)
or something abstract?

You are free to use any other operating system of your choice, if you
are not happy with FreeBSD.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I'm not going anywhere, not even hope for it =)
I'm trying to make FreeBSD a better, more logical.
Maybe that's not very successful, but judging by the number of
I think you misunderstand. Some of us old-timers have been having this
discussion repeatedly for well over ten years. It always ends up the same
way - a re-org might make the source tree marginally prettier but the
consequences for long-term maintenance and supporting downstream
contributors outweigh any possible benefit. Having the same conversation
every two years with the same outcome gets annoying.
And the fact that this issue was raised with enviable regularity - not make you think that it really needs to be done?