On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Adrenalin wrote:

Hi, I would like to know if this bug has been fixed in the FreeBSD 8 Release
since I got it 3 times already on a busy box that use heavily NFS (with lots
of files).
Unfortunately my processes are not compiled with debug symbols(so I cannot
get an backtrace), but I've got all the php-cgi stuck in the "rpccon" state
just like described here, I cannot kill them and I cannot cleanly reboot,
manual restart is required.

I suspect that what you are seeing is fixed by:
  http://people.freebsd.org/~rmacklem/patches/freebsd8-clntvc.patch

It is in head and stable/8, but did not make the FreeBSD8.0 release.

I believe that the patch is safe to add to a FreeBSD8.0 release kernel.

rick