Quoting "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7c...@yandex.ru> (from Thu, 08 Apr 2010 10:51:08 +0400):

On 08.04.2010 10:27, Bruce Cran wrote:
That's a shame. As long as the source isn't available it's of little interest
to me.

For anyone who wants to see the bits of code I've got so far, I've created a
Google Code project at http://code.google.com/p/gcpart/ . I'm currently trying to figure out how to get the partitioning scheme out of the XML tree, which is
why there's no geom code there yet.  As soon as I do so, I'll start checking
in my effort at the new partitioning application.

I just thinking about future of my project. It seems there are several people
who worked on the same before. And I have not finished yet only few things from initially planned. After that i can remove any unused code, write some comments
and publish it somewhere in perforce.

Please consider using SVN instead. A lot more users will be able to check out from there.

Also at this time code depends on changes which i made in geom_part.so and which
are not yet commited into base system.
After code review there can be several ways to go. And I have an interest which way
will be for me :)

It looks like other people had a look at sysinstall, not at sade. As sysinstall is supposed to be used at installation time, and the intent for sade was to offer the functionality (or more) of the part of sysinstall which is useful after installation (and to prevent admins from using sysinstall after the installation to prevent some unwanted foot-shooting), I do not think that we need to think about a strong lock between sysinstall and sade.

If you can enhance sade beyond what sysinstall is able to do, I would say go ahead (note: I committed sade).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Leela: "He's crude and gross and he treats me like a slave."
Fry: "Then dump his one-eyed ass."