Hi Rusty,

After I sent you the 'setup', I realized that it was mostly bhyve-related.

So I deleted the bhyve-related settings and reverted to simple VirtualBox
configuration :

I use NAT for all my VM's under (VirtualBox VM ->) Settings -> Network.

My /boot/loader.conf has 'vboxdrv_load=YES' while my /etc/rc.conf has
'vboxnet_enable=YES'.

My box has a single ethernet card (Realtek chipset) that shows up as re0.

re0 connects directly to a modem using static IP configuration.

There are two more pieces of information :

1) My Windows vm can smoothly access the internet (using NAT)

2) There is a way I can make Linux vm access the internet too :

Use bridged adapter instead of NAT, and then use re0 as the adapter.

But I want to be able to create the vm using NAT, which has always worked for
me.

Thank you & Regards,
Manish Jain