> I was in the UDMA code yesterday....
> (but mostly in the CYRIX code... (changes elsewhere should have been
> mostly cosmetic).
>

> can you get the exact error message?
>
> julian

I got it..., I happened to be working on something else at the time
and I let it sit unattended for awhile.. it ate my disk partition rather
badly.

Here is the error I see:
wd0: DMA failure, DMA status 5<active>

Thank goodness I tested this -STABLE on my desk machine before I was going to
place it on the home directory server for the department...

--
David Cross                               | email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Systems Administrator/Research Programmer | Web: http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~crossd