On Fri, 23-Jul-1999 at 15:35:48 +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Andre Albsmeier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Comes in private email. It's about 130KB after which tcpdump crashed with:
> >
> > zsh: 5741 segmentation fault tcpdump -i fxp0 150 udp or icmp
>
> Weird. Very weird.

Just to overcome speculations :-) I just tested it on another machine
with the same result. If have tested it now between all 3 machines in
each direction. Same result. It should be reproducible very easily by
running "nmap -sU target_machine" where target_machine has the internal
inetd services enabled. I attach my inetd.conf in case it might be
interesting (nothing special in it):

#       $Id: inetd.conf,v 1.33.2.1 1999/07/21 19:28:25 sheldonh Exp $
#
# Internet server configuration database
#
#       @(#)inetd.conf  5.4 (Berkeley) 6/30/90
#
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftpd       ftpd
telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd
shell   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rshd       rshd
login   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rlogind    rlogind
finger  stream  tcp     nowait/3/10 nobody /usr/libexec/fingerd fingerd
#exec   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rexecd     rexecd
#uucpd  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/uucpd      uucpd
#nntp   stream  tcp     nowait  usenet  /usr/libexec/nntpd      nntpd
# run comsat as root to be able to print partial mailbox contents w/ biff,
# or use the safer tty:tty to just print that new mail has been received.
#comsat dgram   udp     wait    tty:tty /usr/libexec/comsat     comsat
ntalk   dgram   udp     wait    tty:tty /usr/libexec/ntalkd     ntalkd
#tftp   dgram   udp     wait    nobody  /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd /tftpboot
#bootps dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/bootpd     bootpd
#
# "Small servers" -- used to be standard on, but we're more conservative
# about things due to Internet security concerns.  Only turn on what you
# need.
#
daytime stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
daytime dgram   udp     wait    root    internal
time    stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
time     dgram  udp     wait    root    internal
echo    stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
echo    dgram   udp     wait    root    internal
discard stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
discard dgram   udp     wait    root    internal
chargen stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
chargen dgram   udp     wait    root    internal
#
# Kerberos authenticated services
#
#klogin stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rlogind    rlogind -k
#eklogin stream tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rlogind    rlogind -k -x
#kshell stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/rshd       rshd -k
#kip    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/kipd       kipd
#
# CVS servers - for master CVS repositories only!
#
#cvspserver     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/cvs    cvs pserver
#cvs            stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/bin/cvs    cvs kserver
#
# RPC based services (you MUST have portmapper running to use these)
#
rstatd/1-3      dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/libexec/rpc.rstatd  rpc.rstatd
rusersd/1-2     dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/libexec/rpc.rusersd rpc.rusersd
walld/1 dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/libexec/rpc.rwalld  rpc.rwalld
#pcnfsd/1-2     dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/libexec/rpc.pcnfsd  rpc.pcnfsd
#rquotad/1      dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/libexec/rpc.rquotad rpc.rquotad
sprayd/1        dgram rpc/udp wait root /usr/libexec/rpc.sprayd  rpc.sprayd
#
# example entry for the optional pop3 server
#
#pop3   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/popper       popper
#
# example entry for the optional imap4 server
#
#imap4  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/imapd        imapd
#
# Return error for all "ident" requests
#
#auth   stream  tcp     nowait  root    internal
#
# example entry for the optional ident server
#
auth    stream  tcp     wait    kmem:kmem       /usr/local/sbin/identd  identd -w -t120
#
# example entry for the optional qmail MTA
#
#smtp   stream  tcp     nowait  qmaild  /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env  tcp-env
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
#
# Enable the following two entries to enable samba startup from inetd
# (from the Samba documentation).
#
#netbios-ssn stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/sbin/smbd smbd
#netbios-ns dgram udp wait root /usr/local/sbin/nmbd nmbd