Narvi wrote:

> How exactly do you plan to get this to the FreeBSD internationsl
> server that has the crypto repository?

The short answer is that I don't.

Unfortunately the trick that PGP used of publishing it in a book and
exporting
that won't work anymore, because I believe the commerce department now
says that source code printed in a book that can be scanned and OCRed
is,
in fact, "machine readable" and unexportable.

I originally obtained SRA code from a University in Germany. I obtained
my implementation of IDEA from PGP. In fact, I used idea.[ch] and #if
0'ed
out stuff that's not needed. However, SRA is perfectly able to supply a
compatable DES encryption key, so you can just add SRA to telnet and
have SRA+DES. In fact, given that SRA isn't all that hard to break,
one could argue that DES probably good enough (I hear it now -- if
SRA isn't that hard to break, why bother? Answer: Because it's harder
to break than plaintext. Factoring SRA would take a few days. Just
watching for login: and password: takes nothing).

I obtained the Makefiles for libtelnet, telnetd and telnet from the
/usr/src/secure Attic and modified them so that they would enable
encryption,
authentication, SRA and DES (after adding SRA code, of course).

I can discuss what I did with non-US citizens only in broad terms like
the
above. I can't assist and I can't provide source.

The good news is that I believe the Bernstein case is headed finally for
the Supreme Court and if all goes well source code may well be exempted
from export regulations by deeming it protected speech.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature