On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Kip Macy wrote:

> I have been trying to apply some modifications to gdb but have noticed
> that FreeBSD has basically gone off on its own path with respect to gdb.
> Is there any intention pf getting these changes merged back in to the
> original distribution? It looks like it would be a lot of work.

I don't think we have gone very far from the gdb-4.18 distribution. We
have made some changes to solib.c to account for some peculiarities in our
ld.so and there may be some other minor changes elsewhere. It would be
some work to break out all our changes so that they can be invidually
submitted to FSF. Assigning all the changes to FSF is about 10x the effort
and I don't have much enthusiasm for it.

--
Doug Rabson                             Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nonlinear Systems Ltd.                  Phone: +44 181 442 9037