I have not looked closely, but it appears that the changes to bfd to
support the solib.c changes have been quite extensive. The diff of the
.c files in bfd/ is 7000 lines long.

I know that interacting with the FSF can be unenjoyable but gdb compiles
and runs fine on all other OSs I have used. So if the solaris and linux
crowds can keep the modifications consistent why can't we?
Thanks for any insight.

                                        -Kip